Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Guarding
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: Basic Salary + Benefits
G4S Region: Sub-Saharan Africa
G4S Business Unit:South Africa - Secure Solutions
Closing Date: 22/08/2013
VACANCY: SURVEILLANCE OPERATOR
G4S Secure Solutions (SA), a leading global integrated security solutions company, has a vacancy for a Surveillance Operator based in Rustenburg
Reporting to the Key Accounts Manager, the Surveillance unit operators will be responsible for the effective application of CCTV, monitoring systems to reduce theft, identify procedural and process violations and health and safety issues. This application involves monitoring, detecting and analysing anomalies and incident conditions in risk areas within AQP platinum, division. Responsibilities also include the communication of dynamics and effective guidance of protection services responses under incident or emergency conditions.
The position requires experience within a security environment.
- Expert in surveillance and observational skills
- Non-verbal behaviour analysis
- Crisis communication and emergency handling
- Camera patrolling techniques
- Camera handling and viewing requirements
- Tracking information on access and movement
- Alarm handling (Panic/ fire -,other)
- Best practice in control rooms
- Work process procedures
- Evidence gathering and handling
- Policies and procedures for securities
- Legal application of CCTV/ Audio application
- Administration systems for security
- Investigative support function
- Safety and risk control
- Application of security and communication technology
- Voluntary principles for security and human rights
Core Work Outputs:
- Effective monitoring and profiling of areas and suspects, and observation of and responding to criminal, health and safety and non- procedural events.
- Effective provision of protection services for Business unit
- Good employee relations
- Support protection service management team
The Ideal Candidate:
- Grade 12
- Four years experience in role or similar role
- Registered with PSIRA Grade A
- Knowledge of production layout, production process, and work activities (Advantageous)
- Literate in English
- Code 08/10 driver licence
- No criminal record
- No ITC Records
- Certificate of fitness
- No visual defects (e.g. Colour blindness, etc)
- Computer literacy
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, but SA citizens or those with a valid SA work permit, will have a distinct advantage.
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees. For more information on G4S, visit www.g4s.com.
G4S operates in over 30 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent.
At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce. Our employees are the public face of G4S and we recognise and respect the value they add to the business by delivering excellent service day after day.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- Customer Focus
- Best People
- Collaboration & Teamwork
One of the G4S Group’s core values is to ensure we employ the Best People. We strive to develop our employees’ competence and inspire them to live our values. G4S ensures that we provide our employees with opportunities for growth and development within a dynamic and challenging business environment.
At G4S South Africa, we place great value on attracting and retaining the best people at all levels, to ensure the continued success of the organisation.