Administration Assistant - Central Ticket Office
Number of Positions: 1
Contract Type: Full Time
G4S Region: UK, Ireland and Africa
G4S Business Unit:
Closing Date: 12/08/2013
In April 2012, G4S entered into a strategic partnership with Lincolnshire Police to provide a range of services including the Central Ticket Office. The aim of the unit is to bring to justice individuals who are identified as speeding and those who commit other traffic and anti social behaviour offences as allowed by the fixed penalty system. We are now looking to appoint an Administration Assistant in order to assist in providing this service.
Please be aware, interviews will be taking place on 23 August 2013.
- Responsible for the inputting, updating, maintenance and quality control of information onto Police, National and other force computer systems in accordance with policies and directives current at the relevant time.
- Create and assist in the accurate and prompt maintenance of manual and computerised records to ensure the integrity of data held, in line with company policies and procedures so that all information is readily available and accessible.
- Liaise and work in partnership with but not limited to Lincolnshire Police, Partner Agencies and other Police Forces to maintain and strengthen the commitment to improve customer service.
- To administer process, maintain and progress case file information on appropriate computer systems or manual records and in accordance with national and locally agreed standards for quality and timeliness.
- Respond to enquiries or correspondence as required and provide the appropriate advice, guidance and support as necessary and in accordance with establish protocol.
- The requirement where appropriate to attend and give evidence at court.
- Support other units within criminal justice service as required from time to time.
- Undertake other clerical and administrative tasks as required including maintenance of data quality.
- Assist in training and to carry out other duties as may be required from time to time within the general scope of the post.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience of data input and retrieval and experience of working within an administrative role
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal and communication skills
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrates the ability to check, collate and analyse information ensuring a high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrates the ability to assimilate knowledge of relevant force policies and procedures
- Ability to work using own initiative
- Experience in dealing and working within a computerised department
- Demonstrates knowledge of Police Computer Systems/procedures and working practices
- Demonstrates knowledge of Microsoft Office packages