Applications Support Team Leader
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: IT/Software Development
Contract Type: Full Time
G4S Region: Asia and Middle East
G4S Business Unit:
Closing Date: 19/08/2013
His/her main role is to be responsible for all aspects of managing supporting and developing the Applications Support team to deliver excellent customer focused service. Encompassing application availability, patching, performance tuning, 2nd level support (24x7) and release management, the Applications Support Team Leader will direct daily operations of the support team, manage key metrics and service delivery.
To achieve this he/she will manage and develop a team of highly skilled System Architects.
- Manages an Applications Support team ensuring that the team delivers a seamless service to the international user community.
- Ensures that all requests for support are dealt with according to set standards and procedures.
- Ensures the Applications Support team deliver a professional, customer focused and high performing support service in line with agreed service scope and service levels.
- Assists with the professional development of team members to enhance skills and promote cross-skilling.
- Provides support, coaching and mentoring to the Applications Support Team members to ensure that all objectives and commitments are fulfilled in line with expectations, agreements and standards.
- Maintains and improves application and software support methods, standards, KPI’s and SLA’s.
- Ensures that all support methods, procedures and tools are robust, fully tested, of high quality and fit for purpose.
- Develops and maintains professional credible relationships with key stakeholders including relevant third parties and strategic suppliers.
- Provides clear ownership and resolution of incidents/faults logged against applications/systems supported by the Applications Support team to agreed SLA’s and KPI’s.
- Ensures completeness of root cause analysis for major/critical incidents, and where possible resolves or provides workarounds, suggestions and improvements to mitigate future incidents.
- Ensures applications/software environments are fully maintained with appropriately supported updates, patches and/or service packs in line with corporate system maintenance policies.
- Provides assistance to the Systems Development and QA team with testing and deployment of application/software changes/releases through the formal change management processes.
- Participates in the process of integrating and releasing new application/software functionality into the production environment, ensuring all service acceptance and operational deliverables have been successfully developed and agreed prior to handover.
- Manages requests for application/system access, ensuring full compliance to agreed SLA’s, security policies and procedures.
- Leads or participates in business continuity and system resolution/recovery activities.
- Develops and maintains standard support procedures and other documentation as required to ensure the support, availability and continuity of IT services to agreed SLA’s and KPI’s.
- Proactively monitors applications/systems to capture potential issues (e.g. alerts, performance) before they occur, in accordance with monitoring/maintenance procedures.
- Produces weekly/monthly management information reports to the management team and customers in respect to service levels and support activities (e.g. dashboards, rag status, SLA’s, KPI’s. risks/issues).
- Continually reviews the service provided to end-users and customers to ensure it meets agreed service levels and all customers’ requirements, through liaising with stakeholders, conducting customer satisfaction surveys and electronic monitoring. Identify improvements to the service provided.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years managerial and hands on experience supporting applications built in .net and SQL.
- 3+ years strong background in service delivery and/or service desk management with a proven track record of delivering a first class customer focused support service
- A certificate in ITIL foundation level as a minimum
- Experience of supporting mission critical applications
- Experience of managing an application support team providing service to an international user community.
- Experience within a global business and an understanding of the challenges encountered in providing a support service across multiple time zones
- Experience in Capacity and Availability Management, Service Level Management, Continuity Management.
- A good working knowledge of formal change and release management processes, with experience of version management and change control software
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Excellent team leader skills with the ability to drive, manage, motivate and developing a high performing team
- Outstanding ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, across all levels of management.
- Strong customer focus – meeting and exceeding expectations, resolving issues and developing solutions to meet customer needs
- Self-driven with a “making a difference” attitude
- A proven ability to plan, organise, prioritise, manage and track numerous concurrent activities to successful outcomes
For G4S candidates, as a matter of courtesy, please advise your immediate manager of your application.