Number of Positions: 3
Job Category: Administrative/Clerical
Contract Type: Full Time
G4S Region: UK & Ireland
G4S Business Unit:UK Central Government Services
Closing Date: 05/05/2017
HMP Birmingham, B18 4AS
Salary: £17,687.11 per annum
Full-Time (40 hours per week)
As the world’s leading security solutions group with operations in over 120 countries and more than 625,000 employees worldwide, G4S is a truly unique company. We’re bigger, more diverse and involved in more fascinating, cutting-edge projects than many people would imagine and we now have an opportunity for an Administrator to join our team at HMP Birmingham.
At HMP Birmingham we are extremely proud of our long history, heritage and the wealth of experience that comes with a prison that has been open since 1849. HMP Birmingham was also the first ever public sector prison to be transferred into the private sector estate.
To provide an effective and efficient administration service to a functional/ departmental team.
- Provide a full administrative service so that the needs of the functional/departmental team are met.
- Maintain effective work systems, ensuring that all correspondence and documentation is dealt with in a professional manner that meets audit requirements.
- Organise and co-ordinate meetings, diaries, events and travel arrangements ensuring individual and functional/departmental objectives are met.
- Maintain comprehensive stocks of all forms and documentation required by the function/department so that it is available when required.
- Collate, produce and distribute regular and ad-hoc statistics and reports so that individuals and departments receive accurate up to date information.
- Deal with all routine queries so that an appropriate response is provided.
- Act in accordance with security and operational instructions at all times to ensure the maintenance of security within the secure environment. (As required by secure establishments).
The Ideal Candidate:
- Good IT skills, including knowledge of Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Previous experience in similar role
At G4S, the philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe and causes of prison stress are minimised. Central to our philosophy is the relationship between staff and prisoners. Our training and operational practices emphasise the need to treat prisoners with dignity and respect and G4S staff build positive and supportive relationships with the prisoners in their care. We are seeking to recruit a caring, pro-active and confident professional to help make a real difference to their lives.
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us. Our benefits are as you would expect from a large global organisation and include a company pension, comprehensive training, career development, generous holiday entitlement, uniform and access to our on-site gym.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.